The practice was born with the initiative of saving from a state of degrade little urban areas and transforming them in educational gardens with the involvement of elder people, youngsters, children and people with social difficulties.
Our method consists in associating the art and creativity to a manual work, accompanying the planting with dances dedicated to the energies of the plants and of the trees. You also do basket weave from the little branches cut from the trees.
The earth is very generous, it can offer us fruits and flowers, it only needs care. It is important to transmit the love for the earth, the respect for nature and the old knowledge. We can do this through music and dances creating tuning and harmony between the man and the vegetal world. The music helps the plants to grow. There is always a magical aura that every garden sets free.
Through dancing in a circle the esoteric language of the nature can be perceived, making visible relations, sympathies and antipathies between the plants.
- Analysis of participants’ emotions that normally pass from initial tensions to a state of calm and joy: the participants feel the connection with the nature.
- The participants learn particularities about plants and their lifecycle through the dances.
- The responsibility towards the environment is enhanced.
- Good communication and exchanges in the group
- Little time at disposal to teach the dances to children: sometimes it is difficult to teach a dance to children in little time and confusion can be created if they are many.
- Gardening together with discovering the esoteric language of the garden
- Teaching about the nature and its importance through experiencing the specific dances of the plants
- Creating a friendly context to social exchanges and intergenerational or intercultural interactions
- Support therapy through dances and the direct contact with the nature
- Learning the specific dances and the characteristics of the plants that they refer to
- Development of a sense of responsibility and connection with the nature
- Good intergenerational and intercultural dialogue
- Enhancing social cohesion
- Dance and nature therapy
- Saving a land in a state of degrade